A benevolent event, when sponsored by many people, with the aim of benefiting the society at large, verily becomes a Satram. The Anna-vastra Daana Satram is not just to help the recipients materially. The daana awareness instilled in countless men and women spread all over the world, strengthens and enriches the society with lasting rewards.
It was with this aim in mind that the Anna-vastra Daana Satram was started in 1985.
Some Salient Points:
- It is jointly organized by Narayanashrama Tapovanam, and Hind Navotthana Pratishtan.
- During this annual event, Rice, Clothing and Sweet are distributed to needy families.
- Anna-Vastra Daana Satram is held during the austere month of Aasaadha. The rainy season in Kerala, which renders many poor people jobless, was selected as the time for the yearly distribution.
- Distribution takes place across many centres covering many villages in Kerala, India.
- Recipients with previously issued tokens will be welcomed in each centre with aaraati and Vedic chants and given 3 kilograms of rice, a cloth and sweet by Sannyasins.
- Chorus Naama-sankeertanam in the background makes the whole event extremely sublime and benedictory for all.
More Information about AVDS:
- Click here to read a message from Poojya Swamiji on the occasion of Anna-vastra Daana Satram this year
- Significance of Daana (by Poojya Swamiji)
- Pictures of Anna-Vastra Daana Satram in Jamshedpur earlier this year
- Pictures of Anna-Vastra Daana Satram at CIRD Delhi
- Experiences of some who participated in this noble event.
- Anna-vastra Daana Satram - A Presentation (PPS)
- Brochure of the 27th Annual Anna-vastra Daana Satram 2012 (English)
- Brochure of the 27th Annual Anna-vastra Daana Satram 2012 (Malayalam)
- A list of the different Village Distribution Centres (in Kerala) where the distribution will be held this year.
- A brief pictoral presentation of the holy event (PDF)
- A Video on Anna-vastra Daana Satram
- We heartily welcome you and your friends to participate in the preparations and distributions.
- You can volunteer to help in the Rice and Clothing distribution sessions being held at the different centres.
- This year we hope to benefit more than 31,000 families.
- Offerings may be sent by MO/cheque/DD favouring “Narayanashrama Tapovanam” payable at Trichur.
- Inform your friends and relatives about the event.
- Donations to Narayanashrama Tapovanam are exempt from Income-tax under 80G.